Although autumn will always be my favorite season, spring is beautiful as well. I love the thunderstorms we’ve begun having in the mid-Atlantic, and the blooming flowers are beautiful, even if I’m having trouble breathing as a result of the pollen.
April has felt nuts to me, and like it flew by in a flash. I was diagnosed as bipolar this month, a diagnosis that was both surprising and relieving. When you go nearly two decades thinking there’s something wrong with your brain and you don’t understand why you can’t control your moods or emotions, a diagnosis is something to be celebrated.
Even though being diagnosed as bipolar is a bit scary, at least now I can begin to find ways to control and manage the disorder. Also, just putting a name to it has made it easier.
Books I Reviewed
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Dark Energy by Robert Morgan
- X-23: Family Album by Mariko Tamaki
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
- Infection by Scott Sigler
- Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Mirror Broken by Scott Tipton and David Tipton
Articles & Editorials
- 2019 Hugo Award Finalists
- 20 Classic Children’s Books
- Trigger Warnings: What are They, and Do We Need Them?
- 8 Memoirs Written by People Living with a Disability
- Why You Should Embrace DNF-ing Books
- The Book Addiction Tag
- These Books Will Help You Get Your Finances Straight
- Game of Thrones – Bookish Loot
- Thia from Working Classless – Friday Favorites
- Puff Puff Pass – 10 Books about Marijuana for 4/20
- Books I Want to Read – Book Tag
- 7 Organizations Bringing Books to Underprivileged Communities
- Taylor from Working Classless – Friday Favorites
- 2019 Edgar Award Winners Announced
1 thought on “April 2019 Wrap-Up”
[…] April 2019 Wrap-up […]