Around the Web
- Moving to a new city can be hard, especially when it comes to making new friends. Well + Good has a great article with tips on how to make friends when you’re naturally introverted.
- Renowned novelist Gene Wolfe has died.
- The Guardian has an amazing article about the stigma surrounding science fiction and fantasy. It’s well-written and contains a lot of interesting points. If you’ve got ten minutes of spare time, it’s worth a read.
- A woman found a ring containing Charlotte Brontë’s hair in her father-in-law’s attic.
Things I Love
- This Saturday was the first time this year I had a chance to make it out to the farmer’s market. There’s nothing better than fresh, local asparagus and strawberries. Here’s a list of what’s in season right now.
On the Blog
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker – A Review
- The Book Addiction Tag
- These Books Will Help Get Your Finances Straight
- Game of Thrones: Bookish Loot
- Thia from Working Classless – Friday Favorites
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – A Review
- Puff Puff Pass: 10 Books About Marijuana for 420