In case you didn’t know, September 6 is National Read a Book Day!
I’m definitely planning on spending pretty much the entire day reading, especially since I live in an area impacted by Hurricane Dorian and as of this writing the winds are blowing at around 50 mph and I imagine our power won’t be on much longer.
I’ve been a bookworm since I was a child and grew up in a house full of books. Books have been my escape through bouts of depression and my main form of entertainment.
What is perfection to me? A cup of hot tea or coffee, a cozy blanket, a sweet cat, a lit candle… and a book. You can’t beat that kind of afternoon.
I hope that, whatever you’re doing, you’re able to enjoy some relaxing reading time today.
If you need some inspiration for what to read, here is a list of some of the best novels I’ve read over the past year.
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Roar by Cora Carmack
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue & The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- The Last by Hanna Jameson
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Lost You by Haylen Beck
- Trouble No Man by Brian Hart
- The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
What are some books that you would recommend? Let me know in the comments!