The month of May went by extraordinarily fast! I can’t believe it’s already June. I didn’t read as much as I would have liked this month, as you can see below.
Out of the books I read, the worst was definitely Stephen King’s Elevation. I was so disappointed with that book, and it’s the worst Stephen King book I’ve ever read. Meanwhile, the best book I read this month was without a doubt Hanna Jameson’s The Last. Post-apocalyptic mystery isn’t a genre I knew I needed, but it’s a wonderful thing.
For my May 2019 Plans & TBR post, here’s how things went down. Out of 10 books, I read 4 of them. The books I finished in May but will be reviewing in June include Pride and Prejudice and Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman. 40% isn’t great, but I’m not surprised. I rarely stick with my TBR.
What was the best and worst book you read in May? Let me know in the comments!
Books I Reviewed
- A Shifting of Stars (Of Stars #1) by Kathy Kimbray
- The Last by Hanna Jameson
- Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days by Chris Guillebeau
- Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Elevation by Stephen King
Articles and Editorials
- Hanna Jameson, author of The Last – Friday Favorites
- 10 Small Things You Can Do To Make Yourself Feel Instantly Happier
- Down the TBR Hole (Again) – #1
- Do You Have Job-Related Burnout?
- Happy Memorial Day! 5 Books to Help You Understand What Soldiers Live Through
- [Updated] Everything We Know So About the Star Trek Picard Series So Far
- The Five Best Adult Magical Realism Books
- Do I Have That Book? Challenge
- Carolyn at Sew Happy Stitch Happy – Friday Favorites
- My Top 10 Favorite X-Men Characters
- Remembering My Mother on Mother’s Day
- Please Stop Praising Danielle Steele’s Writing Schedule
- Is Your Anxiety Harming Your Relationships?
- Becca: Friday Favorites
- May Book of the Month Selections
- Cover Reveal: A Shifting of Stars by Kathy Kimbray
- May the Fourth Be With You – Star Wars Stuff for Star Wars Day
- Why Freedom of the Press is Vital
- Tori: Friday Favorites
- May 2019 Plans & TBR