More than likely, June is going to be a very busy month for me. There’s a chance I’m moving at the end of the month (we are possibly extending our lease, but we haven’t decided yet). If we do end up moving, I’m fairly certain that I won’t be getting much reading done. However, if we do end up renewing our lease and sticking with where we are, I have an overly ambitious reading goal.
Aside from the two Book of the Month books that I already ordered because the subscription renewed at the end of May, I’m on an official book-buying ban this month. For financial reasons, I canceled my OwlCrate, Book of the Month, and Scribd subscriptions (canceling my OwlCrate literally broke my heart, but it was necessary). As such, I’m going to be relying heavily on my local library.
My goal is to read 30 books in 30 days. This figure does include both books and graphic novels however, so it’s not as crazy as it sounds. And, of course, this will only be possible if we don’t move at the end of the month.
Here are the books I know for sure I want to get to this month, and the other ten will be based purely on mood.
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- $2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America by Kathryn Edin and H. Luke Shaefer
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- Old Man Hawkeye Vol. 1 & Vol 2 by Ethan Sacks
- Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy
- City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- Chasing a Croatian Girl by Cody McClain Brown
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- The Death of Daredevil by Charles Soule
- Firefly: Big Damn Hero by Nancy Holder
- Voices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Death of Wolverine by Charles Soule
- On the Beach by Nevil Shute
- Q-in-Law by Peter David
- The Hike by Drew Magary
- Saga Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughn
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
3 thoughts on “June Plans & TBR”
Good luck on your challenge!
Lotte | http://www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk
[…] June Plans & TBR […]
[…] I do with my June Plans that I laid out at the beginning of the month? Well, I had planned on reading 30 books in 30 days, […]