I first came across this book tag after watching Hannah and Hailey’s Booktube channels. The Challenge was originally created by Tabby at the YouTube channel Keeping Tabs.
As you know, I don’t have a YouTube channel (yet), so we’ll do this the blogger way.
Let’s get right into it.
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman
I actually really detest deckled edges, as I think it cheapens the look of the overall book. Despite that, I have so many books with these edges. Stop it, please!
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Imzadi by Peter David
I knew I’d have to go with one of my Star Trek novels for this, as I very rarely buy books with people on the cover.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
I could only find two retellings, although I have a feeling I have more than that. My other choice could have been Ibi Zoboi’s Pride. Lee’s This Monstrous Thing is a Frankenstein retelling.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
This one took me way longer to find that I’d like to admit. I haven’t read this story yet, but I’ve heard great things about it.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
You know I have to throw my favorite book in here somewhere, right?
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
I never understood the amount of hate surrounding mass market paperbacks. They’re cheap, which makes them more accessible to a lot of people. You don’t always need to have the most expensive, nicest version of every book.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Anthem by Ayn Rand
I had to do a wee bit of research for this one. Ayn Rand’s real name is Alisa Zinov’yevna Rosenbaum.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
I still haven’t read this behemoth of a book, and I don’t even really know what it’s about. I picked it up on a thrift store trip a couple years ago.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
Brandon Sanderson’s novels are always full of maps, so this was an easy one.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Technically, this series hasn’t been made into a television show yet, but it’s going to be. I can’t wait for the Netflix series!
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
The Assault on Reason by Al Gore
It’s been ages since I read this book. I read it for one of my university classes back when I was still studying political science. I don’t have any books written by actors or musicians, so a vice president is the best I could do.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton
This was one of the first books I chose for my Book of the Month Club box. I still haven’t read it, but I’m hoping to get to it soon!
13. Do you have a poetry book?
Harvest Poems by Carl Sandburg
I have very few poetry collections. This is an ancient collection I’ve had through multiple moves and for who knows how many years. You’d think I’d have read it by now. I haven’t.
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The award stamps aren’t attached to this cover very well (you can see in the picture that they’re peeling), but The Hate U Give deserves all the awards it’s received.
Read my review of The Hate U Give here.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Nope. This is the only question I couldn’t answer. I even looked up a list of authors whose last names start with W and still couldn’t find any P.W’s whose books I own. Oh well.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Stone Mattress: Nine Wicked Tales by Margaret Atwood
I love Margaret Atwood’s writing style, and this book of short stories are phenomenal.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
Gandhi: An Autobiography by Mahatma Gandhi
Finding a book that was between 500 and 510 pages took me so long. I’d almost given up before I grabbed this one, which comes in around 502 pages, not including the glossary/index.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
I can’t say I enjoyed the movie adaptation of Cold Mountain, but it is one of my favorite stories set in my beloved Appalachian Mountains.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
This graphic novel memoir of the author’s childhood in Iran during the Islamic Revolution is incredible.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I was surprised that I don’t own more books with more than one author. Aside from a few of my Star Trek novels, this is the only one I could find.
2 thoughts on “Do I Have That Book? Challenge”
[…] Do I Have That Book? Challenge […]
[…] Do I Have That Book? Challenge […]