Around the Web
- If you love both literature and fashion, this list of books from Electric Literature will intrigue you.
- Austine at Novel Knight has an informative post about supporting underrated and midlist authors on Instagram. If you are a Bookstagrammer, you need to read this.
- Apartment Therapy put together a list of book-inspired Airbnb rentals that are really cool. I’d love to stay in the ones inspired by The Great Gatsby and Outlander.
- Dictionary giant Merriam-Webster added more than 600 new words to their dictionary in April. Here are some highlights.
- A sequel to A Clockwork Orange has been found in author Anthony Burgess’ archives!
- A 1615 Geneva Bible that was stolen twenty years ago was finally recovered from a museum in the Netherlands.
Things I Love
- Even though it’s a daunting undertaking, I find it so peaceful to pull all of my books off my bookshelf and reorganize them. It’s been one of my go-to stress relievers for years. I spent Saturday night doing this, and I found a few books on my shelf that I had forgotten I’d owned.
- I’m obsessed with these new royalty-inspired eyeshadow palettes from CoverGirl. I rarely wear makeup, but these make me want to start putting it on regularly. The shades are gorgeous.
On the Blog
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Mirror Broken by Scott Tipton and David Tipton – A Review
- Books I Want to Read – Book Tag
- New Releases for April 23, 2019
- 7 Organizations Bringing Books to Underprivileged Communities
- Taylor from Working Classless – Friday Favorites
- 2019 Edgar Award Winners Announced
- First, Second, and Third POV – What’s the Difference?
- The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas – A Review